3.04.2010

New Body

My daughters teacher was away from school the other day because she had to go to a funeral. This sparked a conversation about what exactly a funeral was. My daughter didn't realize that our bodies would be left behind when we die and go to heaven! (try explaining a 'soul' to a 6 year old). She was a little upset about this, so I told her that we would be given a new and perfect body. I told her that this was especially comforting to those who are sick or who were injured enough that their bodies didn't work well here on earth. She took a moment to think about this and came back to me with this. "When we get to heaven we'll get to meet Matt with a nice clean body. And we'll get to talk to him and hear what his voice sounds like! I can't wait until I get to see Matt like that."
I love the way Mya thinks so much about Matt. How her pure little heart is always so full of the positive. She has said many amazing things when it comes to her older brother and the struggles he bears. One day she asked me if I thought God would ever heal Matt. I said that I sure hope so. Then I asked her if she thought so. Her response "I think God has him be exactly how he is suppose to be." Quite a lot of insight for a little girl.
It is comforting to know that one day Matt will be out of pain and running free from all of his limitations. I too can hardly wait to see him like that. But how beautiful and comforting to know that for now, God has him "exactly how he is suppose to be." I believe that God can use the most painful things of this world and turn them into wonderful gifts. Our prayer is that Matthews House will be that positive gift to Abbotsford's special families and that we as a community will support them.

6 comments:

Candice said...

Mya sure is a smart little girl. You have raised such wonderful kids amongst the added questions pertaining to Matt. It's hard enough raising kids with their many questions but you guys are amazing being able to respond to questions that most of us will never have to think of an answer for! Always thinking of all of you.

Unknown said...

way to go...I am sitting here crying and my kids think I am nuts! Austin just told me "if the phone is making you cry, why don't you just turn it off Mom?" and Naysa asked if my boss sent me an email that made me cry....so funny where their minds go! Sometimes I think you were chosen for this journey because of your strength and the fact that you are so proactive and take charge. Think of a the people Matthew's house will help - a house that wouldn't exist if not for your journey and actions.

Becky said...

And the tears fall. Thanks for sharing Andrea!

happymomlori said...

I love a song called "come to Jesus" by Chris Rice. I always cry on the verse, "dance for Jesus" as I think of my Ben (like your Matt) dancing with his new body.

thinking of September and something BIG! keep dreaming!

Lisa Pike said...

What a beautiful girl you have! I loved this entry, love your perseverance and insight. You are so inspiring, thank-you Andrea.

Sherry said...

I have just read your blog, Andrea, and am touched and teary eyed. Know that we are behind your family as you go down this road, and we are all excited about Matt's house and all the families it will help. You have a beautiful family-and thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us through the blog!